Saturday 25 January 2014

A new day

A brand new day is dawning.  It is Saturday morning and I have woken to the wonderful and comforting sound of our cockerel (happy memories of my childhood) with a totally clear head, and my youngest son snuggled up next to me.

The feeling I have this morning is a world away from how I felt this time last week when I was so full of self-loathing I wanted to run away.

Last night, instead of sinking a bottle of wine, I sat next to the fire with my husband and my tea in my fancy new mug, and I read my new photography book.  And I got really excited about my fabulous camera again, which I have neglected for the last two years.

This morning, while the rest of my family still sleep, I am making plans for the day, without having to race to the bathroom and pop some painkillers and drink two pints of water first.

I am really looking forward to a delicious breakfast of coffee and croissants with jam, which is always our weekend treat.  Lots of painting, walking, baking, photography and getting thrashed at Monopoly is on the cards today.

We always do fun wholesome things as a family but there have been times when I haven't been totally present, due to groggy, foggy hangover.

1 comment: