Thursday 23 January 2014

An excuse for every night of the week

On Wednesdays I would buy a bottle of wine to keep me company while my husband went out running.  On Thursdays we would always have a takeaway, and eating delicious Thai food without a delicious bottle of wine felt wrong.  On Fridays I naturally had to have wine as a reward for getting to the end of the week.  And so it went on.

So today is Thai takeaway Thursday.  I have been trying to think about what can replace my usual  bottle of red, and have decided that good old fashioned water will suffice.  In fact water tastes rather nice when drinking it with a clear head - I have noticed this over the last few days.

I have just bought myself my own special (rather expensive) mug.  I have been enjoying many a hot drink out of it - it's the simple things.

I have to keep reminding myself that wine is my enemy, and makes me feel horrendous.  I just wish I didn't like the damn taste of it so much.  Having said that, I also love the taste of Jelly Babies and Fruit Pastilles, so have stocked up, making sure I keep my sweet stash well hidden from my kids.

It is really nice not feeling hungover today, particularly as I have a poorly child to look after and a million emails to reply to.

1 comment:

  1. I got to the point where I didn't need an excuse for any night of the week. Buying the wine was automatic, robotic, mindless. Try water with lemon slices or orange slices. I keep a pitcher in the refrigerator with slices of oranges or lemons.

    ReplyDelete